Saturday, October 16, 2010

Guaranteed Craziness!

Today Bob and I are in Chesapeake at our granddaughter Rachel's tenth birthday party, theme Halloween party. I'm dressed in a poodle skirt, hair in ponytail, wearing pearls & Bob's high school pin (the real one), Keds & Bobby socks and an imitation letter sweater (looks like a letter sweater without a letter - yet). Bob's in his "Generic Halloween Costume" t-shirt that he's been wearing for twenty-plus years, plus blue jeans, a leather jacket, sunglasses, with his hair brylcreamed in a pseudo-ducktail (pseudo cuz it's not really long enuf for a real duck tail). It's as dressed up as he's let me get him in many years!

The craziness part is that in 45 minutes about 22 tween-age girls are going to be descending on this home! Fortunately Rachel has three older siblings to help her parents with the mayhem! Maybe grandpa will join in. Me, I'm pretty much out of commission.

My knee has blown up again. When we were in Illinois I wrenched it and it never got unwrenched. In fact, the past three weeks or so it has gotten progressively worse to the point now that I can't lift my leg or bend it or put any weight on it when I'm in bed, etc. I'm wearing the knee brace I wore before surgery back in 1993 (I don't even remember it hurting this bad back then). I think I'll be calling the HMO for urgent care authorization on Monday so I can see a doctor out here.

So that's what is happening today. Oh, that, plus we moved to a new campground closer to the kids. We drove the coach with toad onto this teeny tiny ferry this morning and made the crossing from Knotts Island to Currituck, then drove to Bells Island, NC. They sure like their islands out here. look for the pictures on Facebook later today.

Me, I got a birthday party to get to...bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment